Private Safari options to suit your vacation
All safaris leave from Arusha at 8am on the first morning.
We use safari land cruisers with opening roof-top.
Picnic box lunches are provided for each day of your safari.
Breakfast and dinners are provided as part of lodge, and tented camp accommodation on multi-day safaris, some breakfasts may be boxed for early morning game drives.
(Budget camping option: all meals are prepared by your safari cook, who travels with you).
5 Days (Lake Manyara, Cultural option, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire)
Day 0 – You arrive in Arusha
Day 1 – Drive to Lake Manyara for game drive with picnic lunch. Dinner and overnight.
Day 2 – *Cultural Options: (choose one of these options)
- a) Drive to Olduvai Gorge Museum and world Heritage site, in the Rift valley to see display of
earliest known human origins “Nutcracker Man”. Then have picnic lunch.
- b) Early morning cultural visit to local tribes (Hadzabe bushmen, and Datoga
Blacksmith tribe), picnic lunch,
- c) Visit Maasai village in Ngorongoro Conservancy area, picnic lunch
and then, continue to Serengeti for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 – Breakfast, Full day game drive in Serengeti. Picnic lunch. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4 – Breakfast, Continue to Ngorongoro Crater for game drive with picnic lunch. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 – Breakfast, Game drive in Tarangire with picnic lunch. Return to Arusha.
*Cultural Tours Note: Your Safari guide / driver will schedule which day the cultural tours are included depending on which cultural tour you choose.
Trip Inclusions/Exclusions in Standard & Luxury Safaris
These prices include:
- Game drives in 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser
- Accommodation, double or triple occupancy during safari
- Breakfast and dinner at hotel and Picnic Lunches during safari
- Wifi access at most locations
- National Park gate fees
- Ngorongoro Crater car supplement fee
- Serengeti supplement fee
- Cultural Visit Fee (Olduvai Gorge fee, Hadzabe / Datoga, Maasai Village)
- 18% Tourism Tax introduced June 2016
Not included in price:
- Airport Pick up /drop off (can be booked as an add on)
- Hotel accommodation, 1 day before and 1 night after safari, with breakfast (can be booked as an add on)
- Alcoholic and soft drink beverages at the hotel
- Laundry service
- Tips (see Tip Rates below)
- Travel insurance
- Flights /visas
Cost of additional services: Prices include 18% tax
- Serengeti balloon ride, on 5-7 day safaris, per person $650
- Extra hotel night in Arusha, check in 11AM, check out 10AM, per double room $160
Additional Cultural tours $50 per person per extra tour
Safari Tip Rates
Although Kilimanjaro Bliss and other ethical companies pay their guides, cooks and porters at recommended rates, they depend on tips from clients to make up the differences for when they cannot work because of the seasonal nature of tourism. We strongly recommend that you factor in the following tip rates for those people making it possible for you to enjoy your visit in Tanzania. These Rates are only a basic guideline, however, feel free to tip more if you feel that the service you have received warrants it.
Driver / Guide
Rate per Day per Group
Assistant Guide (if applicable)
Rate per Day per Group
Cook (if on budget safari/mountain trek)
Rate per Day per Group
Porters (if on mountain trek)
Rate per Day per Group for each porter
May be tipped small denominations, but is not expected
|$15 – $30||$10 – $20||$10 – $15||$5 – $7||$1|
Example: For a 7 Day Safari (2 person group)
1 Lead Guide, $150 – $170
1 Cook, $90 – $100
2 Total Staff, $240 – $270 Total (Average of $120 – $135 per person in the group)
I was impressed by Aristarick, one of our guides. He was very helpful, motivating and knows a lot. Thanks to him we made it to the top.
It was clear from the start of the expedition that Ari was very professional indeed. Above all though was his passion for Tanzania. If you are planning a trip to Tanzania for a trek up Kilimanjaro or a Safari, then I highly recommend this guy. He will look after you very well indeed.
Ari of Kilimanjaro Bliss was an amazing host. We had signed up to do our climb to the top of Kilimanjaro with Kilimanjaro Bliss and got so much more than we expected. Ari and his crew took great care of us on the seven days that we took to get to the top and back down again. The food was incredibly delicious and the crew were awesome. It was an amazing adventure and we made it back a day early, so we decided to do a safari to Tarangire National Park.
We were blown away with the great lengths the team went through to, not only make us comfortable, but make us feel like royalty. Meals were better than I have had in 5-star restaurants. Although summit day was tough, the journey getting there will be what I remember best. I miss the team already!