1-800-896-9525 North America International +1 250 715 0034
Our 2018 Mt. Kilimanjaro Climbs
All of our tours are private, small group climbs.
2018-2019 PRIVATE CLIMBS
Instead of having pre-set dates we customise hiking dates to fit with your schedule and preferences. Contact us with your interests and time frames and let us plan your trip with you. You can request a private hike with just you / your group or ask us to try to pair you with other solo hikers. Once you book, your hike is confirmed. No worries!
Choosing when to hike
January and February are the warmest months, April and May are the wettest months, during which we do not have any scheduled group hikes on Kilimanjaro. June and July are the coolest months (so be sure to pack warm clothes), while August and September are the driest months. These weather trends apply to Arusha, Moshi and on Mount Kilimanjaro.
Full Moon Summit dates
Full moon summits have become one of the most favoured tours, as there is a powerful esthetic and feeling of romantic mystery that accompanies the full moon. The moon in this phase also provides the most amount of light helping to light-up the sky during the night ascent to the peak. However, these dates can also be the busiest times on the mountain, so you may wish to schedule your hike at a different moon phase. The moon maintains a full view for a day on either side of the actual full moon date. At New moon the absence of light from the moon can provide stunningly starry nights.
Acclimatization Hike Mt Meru 4 Days
Plan an ascent of Mt Meru prior to your Kilimanjaro ascent to acclimatize and increase your chances of summiting Kilimanjaro. This hut to hut hike also combines well with our ‘Off the Beaten Track Active Safari’, beginning with Arusha National Park, in which the Mountain is situated. Arusha National Park is the best location to get photos of animals in front of Kilimanjaro.
Kilimanjaro Bliss Hikes
To maximise your experience, we keep our scheduled group hikes to a maximum of 8 hikers, plus guides and support crew. This allows you to make a connection with both your co – hikers, and with the support crew. Unlike many companies with larger group sizes, we pride ourselves on our client care, ensuring that each member has the best opportunity for a successful and memorable experience, through attention to safety, and hiring qualified and experienced guides, who are committed to excellence.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.
WHY GO WITH KILIMANJARO BLISS?
- We specialize in SMALL group and private tour expeditions for your comfort and safety. Most group expeditions are cattle car operations with little attention to the guests. We concentrate on you.
- All our guides are locally certified and experienced Kilimanjaro guides.
- All our guides have been trained in wilderness first aid, with high altitude training, and are required to maintain their training levels in ongoing professional development.
- Unlike many other companies, our guides carry a pulse oximeter, stethoscope, and emergency oxygen at no extra cost to you.
- Our guides will perform 2 medical checks per day on each hiker under their care, to monitor how well you are acclimatising to the altitude.
- Our guides set a slow pace “pole, pole” that improves acclimatisation.
- Our route and camp selections meet the standards for acclimatization recommended by the Wilderness Medical Society (WMS).
- Our guides carry communication systems.
- Meals are carefully planned to meet the needs and challenges of hiking at altitude.
- For your added comfort and to reduce degradation of the mountain environment, our tours carry a portable toilet.
- Hikers sleep in high quality tented accommodation; and have a mess tent with table and chairs for meals and relaxing.
- There are no hidden costs beyond the tour fee we advertise.
- We are committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of the full mountain team from guest hikers to porters (this includes having the appropriate equipment and load distribution).
- We ensure our porters are paid a full wage; receive all gratuities; and feed 2-3 meals per day.
- We guarantee all booked departures (*unless mountain safety prevents / delays departure)
- Our commitment to you is an unforgettable adventure with a responsible, honest company.
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- All transfers to and from Arusha and to and from Mount Kilimanjaro
- Park fees, guide fees and mountain rescue fees
- 2 – 3 porters per person (depending on group size).
- Food and water while on mountain (drinking water is boiled) (Plastic water bottles are not permitted in the Park, so please be sure to bring and fill up your reusable water bottle for the first day of the climb)
- Tents, sleeping pads and all eating utensils
- Group Mess tent, table and chairs
- Private group toilet
- Daily altitude acclimatization monitoring using pulse oxi-meter, stethoscope
- Emergency systems: radios, oxygen, first aid kit
- NO LOCAL or HIDDEN PAYMENTS
What’s not included
- International flights
- 2 night’s hotel accommodation-can be purchased as an add on (1 night in hotel before climb and 1 after) (B&B) (Additional nights may be added at an extra charge
- Airport transfers (can be purchased as an add-on)
- Travel insurance
- Tanzania Visa (approx. $50 USD, $100 USD for Americans)
- Items of personal nature (hiking equipment / clothing)
- Lunches & Dinners, or beverages at hotel in Arusha
- *Tips for guides and porters
*Recommended Tipping Amounts per day
- Per main guide – US$20-25 per day
- Per assistant guide – US$15-20 per day
- Per cook – US$15 per day
- Assistant cook – US$12-15 per day
- Per porter – US$10-12 per day