Kilimanjaro Bliss Limited is a Tanzanian registered tour company, established as a joint venture. After Georgia Newsome, from Coastal Bliss, visited Tanzania to hike Kilimanjaro and take a safari in the famous Ngorogoro Crater, the two began to form the basis of the joint venture. Afterward, the two struck a plan to collaborate to form a company to provide excellent service and responsible company values to the Tanzanian adventure space. Canadian adventure company, Coastal Bliss Adventures Ltd., and Tanzanian guide, Aristarick Benard Swai partnered to form the company. The collaborative planning continued on for two years until Georgia, her partner, Gary Ward, both directors of Coastal Bliss Adventures Ltd., and Aristarick formed the company, Kilimanjaro Bliss Ltd.
As a company, we hold strong company values:
- Your satisfaction of an amazing adventure is paramount.
- Your safety is the only value higher than your satisfaction.
- Our guides, cooks and porters must be well compensated, care for, and recognized throughout your experience.
- Our efforts at being environmentally responsible must be considered in everything we do.
- We will act ethically in all our dealings.
Kilimanjaro Bliss is proud to bring innovative approaches and high service standards expected in Canada and North America to Tanzania.
Our Promises To You:
- Your Safety Is Paramount. A Kilimanjaro Bliss company value is safety. Our guides do health checks on all climbers at least twice a day, and they are prepared to diagnose, prevent, and treat altitude sickness. We have oxygen on every climb. We also make sure our vehicles are properly maintained to ensure your safety and protection on safari. Our guides know and practice safety protocols with the animals, and we have evacuation plans in place in case of emergencies.
- Our Meals Are Delicious. Just look at our testimonials! We supply all food and drink on our expeditions and safaris. Our chefs make delicious meals with fresh, local ingredients. The meals are nutritious and supply you with what you need for your activity. We always have water available. Clean water is provided so climbers stay well hydrated throughout their trek, and on the hot dry savanna on safari. We cater to all special dietary requirements and food allergies.
- Our Guides And Staff Are Highest Quality. Our guides and staff are hand selected to work for us. We have the committed, professional staff and guides who have received training in first aid, mountain rescue, client care, cooking, and personal safety, depending on their job.
- Our Equipment And Camping Gear Are Maintained and Current. We only use high quality camping equipment to keep our clients as comfortable as possible in all their activities. Our Eureka 4-season tents are warm, waterproof, and roomy – and perfectly suited for the rigors of Kilimanjaro. Our canvas safari tents are sturdy and comfortable for our clients who choose our camping safaris. We provide thick foam sleeping pads for all clients. We provide other high quality gear for rental, if needed.
- We Look After Our Staff. Everything we do is about the people. Our porters and chefs are just as important as our guides in creating a great experience for you. Porter welfare is another key company value of Kilimanjaro Bliss. We do our best to ensure our staff is treated well. We meet or exceed all established guidelines on porter wages and welfare.
- Our Tour Groups Are Small. A small group climb is the best way to experience Mount Kilimanjaro. We believe large trekking parties are irresponsible management. Large climbing parties damage the environment and take away from your experience. You, and our porters and guides, are better looked after in small groups, and they have less impact on the environment. Safaris are necessarily small because of vehicle limitations. Our safaris tend to be small and intimate.
- We Design The Best Mountain and Safari Routes. Kilimanjaro Bliss specializes in creating the best chances for summitting by designing routes that increase acclimatization to altitude. We encourage climbs and safaris that are outside of peak season, when there are less people on the mountain and in the parks. We want you to summit and to experience the animals and culture of Tanzania with as little distraction as possible. We actively look for new possibilities and cultural experiences for safaris, and prefer to go off the beaten track, when possible.
- We Do Both Group and Private Expeditions and Safaris. We provide a number of scheduled expeditions and safaris on the favourite routes, with our adjustments to increase acclimatization and cultural experience. We also often organize private expeditions and safaris, and can tailor routes and experiences to meet your needs.
- We Practice Leave No Trace Ethics. We follow LNT protocols as members of Leave No Trace. Our guides and porters practice Leave No Trace ethics on the mountain and on safari to help preserve the beauty and nature of Tanzania.
- We Use Reasonable, But Responsible Pricing. Kilimanjaro Bliss tours are not the cheapest you can find. We operate ethically, paying all taxes, because we could not operate without the services and infrastructure provided by the Tanzanian government. We also look after our staff. These practices cost a little more, but we believe they are essential to operating ethically. We work hard to keep costs down as much as we can. We provide you with small group tours at prices rivalling the large companies’ large group prices. You get quality service at reasonable costs. We encourage you to help design your experience, co-creating it with us, to meet your needs as much as possible.
What Our Clients Say
I was impressed by Aristarick, one of our guides. He was very helpful, motivating and knows a lot. Thanks to him we made it to the top.
It was clear from the start of the expedition that Ari was very professional indeed. Above all though was his passion for Tanzania. If you are planning a trip to Tanzania for a trek up Kilimanjaro or a Safari, then I highly recommend this guy. He will look after you very well indeed.
Ari of Kilimanjaro Bliss was an amazing host. We had signed up to do our climb to the top of Kilimanjaro with Kilimanjaro Bliss and got so much more than we expected. Ari and his crew took great care of us on the seven days that we took to get to the top and back down again. The food was incredibly delicious and the crew were awesome. It was an amazing adventure and we made it back a day early, so we decided to do a safari to Tarangire National Park.
We were blown away with the great lengths the team went through to, not only make us comfortable, but make us feel like royalty. Meals were better than I have had in 5-star restaurants. Although summit day was tough, the journey getting there will be what I remember best. I miss the team already!